Wednesday 18 November 2009

Music Magazines









My focus for a music magazine is Hip-Hop and Rap. I have chosen this genre of music to research and template my final piece because i enjoy the Hip-Hop world and all that is included. Hip-Hop magazines are very popular and are very big in the magazine industry selling millions a year. Hip-Hop itself is very big in the UK and America and most of the singers, artits and bands are American or English. I am researching such magazines as XXL, Scratch, Fader, GQ, The Source and a few others. A few of the magazines listed are shown above. XXL is a very well known and popular Hip-Hop and Rap magazine, Started in 1997 it has compete with the biggest Hip-Hop magazines since its beginning and has been a great success.
Hip-Hop is a huge aspect of the music industry today and tops the charts over many other music genres often. Todays magazine facus on artists in the lime light creating big successs in Hip-Hop. such artists like Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, 50 Cent, Eminem, Drake, Jay-Z, Chip Tha Ripper and Kid Cudi. These artists are known worldwide because of their Hip-Hop and there rich lifestyles, making them an icon to many viewers and listeners. I hope to complete a successful Hip-Hop related magazine for my project and XXL will be my main help in that i will imitate ideas and structure for my own magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment